3 things you got to check out at BKK- Siam Area!

By 8:00 PM

Hello! I'm back with something different from the past few posts! :D  Yup! It's a travelogue post!
Here's the first part of my Bangkok Travelogue 2013~

I will be uploading my BKK itinerary in a while! In the meantime, let me bring you through the 3 main things to check out while exploring BKK - Siam Area :) Other places which i went to in BKK will be explored in the next few posts to come~ Do stay tuned!


Without further ado, let's go!
Nearest BTS Station: Siam


Number 1: Som Tam Nua 
And Mango Tango if you still have enough space in your tummy! :p (i didn't manage to go to Mango Tango becos we were simply too full after our late dinner at Som Tam Nua :x) 

Getting there: Alight at Siam BTS and walk towards this bank (sign shown below) and turn right into the alley (it's the alley before the bank signboard :)) and you will see it. 

*the instructions above were what I googled and researched after reading several blogs

Not sure if this is the best way to describe it, but we turned quite a few rounds around Siam area before we stumbled upon SomTam Nua :p Best way in my opinion is to have a screenshot of this restaurant's address in Thai & a screenshot of the signboard. Ask a few locals or shop owners and you should be able to locate this restaurant! :D

Som Tam Nua (ส้มตำนัว สยามสแควร์)

Address: 392/14 Siam Square Soi 5

Phone: 08-1257-5384 , 02-2514880

Open hours: 10:45 am – 9:30 am

The Menu:
All in thai (i think), either that or we were too hungry & the both of us couldn't bother to read, we just pointed to the pictures with the star signs :p Guess you can never go wrong with the recommendations? :D

Psst! Just realised that we didn't really bother to check the price of the food before settling in. Hahaha.. Too hungry to bother. But don't worry! Our bill came up to only SGD $30 or lesser for the amount of food we ordered lol! The food is pretty affordable at this restaurant! YUMS 
*miss this place so much! Tummy rumbling already*

Just check out B's greedy look! Hahaha..
You just got to try this fried chicken wings! Really YUMMY! One of the best I've ever had! We should have takeaway one packet back to the hotel lol! Best 98 baht we've spent~ Well flavoured & tender! *Slurps*
And authentic Tom Yam Soup! A must order for all thai cuisines :D Level of spiciness was simply shiok!! The soup was also flavourful with every mouthful! YUMS!
Not forgetting the best thai iced tea I've ever had! Zee best! We had 3 cups of this lol~
Have been trying out the different thai iced teas in SG's thai restaurants but nothing comes close to this. :x sobs.. Hopefully we can head back for this soon! :D
Som Tam = Papaya with preserved egg salad~ interesting appetiser but a pity it came pretty late, only after all our mains came -_-'''
Worth a try! Only 69 baht~
Another must order! :D The spices were infused in every mouthful of fish you took~ Really good! And the portion was huge! I can't believe the two of us managed to finish this haha.. Hot, spicy & crispy! Only 105 baht! Super worth it!
This was the grilled pork or something along those lines haha.. I can't really recall the exact name for this dish. So-so but not as memorable as the other dishes :p Worth a try though!
2 levels for the restaurant, we were seated on Level 2 and there were quite a lot of seats available.
Our food came pretty quickly, except for the papaya salad lol~
I would gladly risk my diet plans and overeating for this meal again! :p That's how good it was for the both of us~ Hehe! We will definitely be back to Som Tam Nua to try the other dishes the next round when we head to BKK~ <3

Number 2: Shopping!!! :p
After a heavy meal, the best thing to do would be to head for shopping around Siam area! :D Please head to the makeshift stalls along the streets first, I think I got most of my best deals around this area :p
Tops going for 120-150 baht :D
And the more atas shopping street inside, with higher prices than the stalls on the streets for similar items :x So do check out the street stalls first! :)
The prices of clothes at BKK is going up~ ;x Not as cheap as last time (obviously) haha.. Guess I will save my moolahs for the upcoming Korea trip! *so excited i can't wait!*

Next up, something to check out at the Siam Area would be...

Number 3: Piano Stairs! :D

Something I have not seen in SG yet! But it's something I've watched on youtube videos before! Super fun! Hehehe.. It's the best motivation for one to climb the stairs~ Tried to get a solo picture on the piano stairs but as it was located in front of the washrooms, tons of people walked here and there -_-'''

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do~! 
You just got to try it out to understand what I meant :)
Where to find this: It's at Siam Centre Level 1, leading to the toilet at the basement :)

Have fun checking it out! :D


Apart from this, don't forget to check out the cute decor outside the malls! I'm amazed at how creative Thais can get! Something to learn from them :D The decor was really pretty especially during the period which I went as it was near the Christmas season! 

Happiness, the one thing everyone should be entitled to~!



I will be back again! :D It was a much needed break!

 I can't wait for my next holiday that is coming up in less than 2 months time :p In the meantime, I shall try to clear my travel backlog posts that I have yet to talk about~

Thanks for reading! Hope this mini guide to Siam area is useful! More coming right up! Do drop me comments on areas to improve on :D
XXOO

You Might Also Like

0 comments